Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Briefly: IDA Pro on CentOS 5.2

This is almost a non-post, but who knows, it might be useful to someone... So today I while installing Ida Pro on CentOS, I hit a small snafu. Everything went well for key extraction: here's a nice tutorial for that. However after I retrieved the key, I placed it according to the README file in the $HOME/.idapro directory.

However, when running it I was faced with the following problem:


$ ./idal
./idal: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory



I noticed that my library was incompatible since it was libstdc++.so.6. Luckily, there are ``compat'' packages that contain these older libraries. You can install them with yum:


# yum install -y compat-libstdc++-33.i386



At this point, IDA Pro starts up nicely:





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip!

Jamie Levy said...

No problem :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks it very useful for, you save me a lot of time ;)